Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Side Note

Usually I wouldn't promote anything on a blog that you probably read to see what Rob and I are up to, but just wanted to flag this to anyone who is interested.

Around the holiday season Rob and I try to donate to a few charities, and I think this one is a particularly worthy one if you are ever looking for something good to donate to.

It's called Somaly Mam, and the stories behind it and what they are doing is so good, and thank goodness people are trying to stop atrocities like this around the world.

This is an article describing what they do and why. It's pretty graphic, I'm sorry to say, but I think worth reading because it's important to know what's going on underground, so that we can help out in whatever way we can. There are countless worthy things to help out with, but sex trafficking is very close to my heart, I think it is just truly atrocious, and I care very much about helping to end.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/01/opinion/01kristof.html?_r=3&th&emc=th

Here is their website http://www.somaly.org/

Stay tuned for a regular update soon :)

No comments:

A map of Australia

A map of Australia
So you can see where we are (bottom right)

Followers