Saturday, December 6, 2008

Golf: Not Actually a Good Walk Spoiled

After a 5 week beginner golf course, we decided it was time to play a real game. So Rob and I ventured out yesterday to play our first 9 holes. It was great! I always was a bit bored by the thought of golf, but it was actually really nice. I think it also helped that the golf club we played at was very laid back, not pretentious like most clubs. We had a really nice day in the fresh air and sunshine, and it was a good amount of exercise pulling those clubs around the course.

In other yuppie pursuits, we are thinking of taking up sailing. Kite surfing has been great, but there are some other things we want to try as well. We are going to give surfing a try, which seems really fun, and sailing is something that we can do once we leave Australia too.

On a musical note, I've been taking drum lessons, and I love it. It's one of those things that just makes sense and clicks, unlike some other musical instruments I've tried. It's a lot like dancing actually. The way you count and divide up the beats is how we would in a dance class, which makes it a lot easier for me. So, if I can't find a real job then drummer might be next up on my list :)

Still in the interviewing stage, this job hunt thing is harder than I ever realized. I'm having a nice time not working, and I'm sure once I start I'll be wishing for a vacation, but it would be nice to work. I need that, I like to have that purpose and I like earning a salary. I miss all that, and also the comraderie of office friends. So, hopefully that will happen soon.

Well, Rob and I are off to do a little shopping, help boost the Australian economy. We like to do our part. Have a great weekend all.

Lots of love,
Sandra

No comments:

A map of Australia

A map of Australia
So you can see where we are (bottom right)

Followers