Monday, November 10, 2008

Kite Surfing Part Two

Before I start in on our spectacular second kite surfing lesson, I must clarify something from a previous blog. I am sure Vegemite is really nice, and I hope I didn't offend any Australians by saying I thought it was scary. I will definitely have to try it now, and prove myself wrong. I hear great things, and so far no Aussie has led me wrong!

Well, this past weekend we plunged into the water to let a kite drag us around. That was really fun. Rob is great at it, I believe the instructor used the word "perfect". For me, well, a bit of practice won't hurt before our next lesson. I'm comfortable admitting I'm not perfect (at least with kitesurfing, as for everything else....) :) At first we were pretty irrated because the wetsuits they gave us were just that. WET. And cold. And full of sand. It was a rather chilly day. Just imagine stripping down to your bathers, pulling on a wed, cold, sandy wetsuit while the wind whips you like a bully holding a towel in the locker room. That was less than fun. And our wetsuits were holey, and not in a saintly way. But we got over the indignities of being freezing and exposed, and hopped into the water with our harnesses and kites. We had a good session getting dragged around the water, and think it's going to be a really fun sport. Tough work, but a great time.

Had a house-warming party on Saturday which was great. We now know lots of nice people, and that's nice to feel so settled in already.

Till next time,
S & R Down Under

No comments:

A map of Australia

A map of Australia
So you can see where we are (bottom right)

Followers